With the new health and safety laws that are in place we need to make a couple of changes to our habits.
This especially applies to practice on our track, I know some of these things will sound silly and maybe unnecessary but it is very important that we all follow these rules. The punishments can be harsh if there is an accident and we didn’t comply. Also Kartsport NZ could fine us for breaking the rules..
So this is what we have to do:
Everyone that goes on our track needs to be covered by one of the following
- A Kartsport NZ Competition Licence and belong to a club. Or
- A Kartsport NZ Practice Licence and belong to a club. Or
- Have filled out a Have a Go form and be in the presence of a Committee Member. Or
- Have filled out a 1 day Licence form and be in the presence of a Committee Member. Or
- Have a Vintage Kart Licence and belong to a club.
All gear must comply to Kartsport rules before practicing can commence on our track.
What the above means to you is;
If you are a club member and just come out in the weekends to have a play, you must visit the Kartsport NZ website and get a Practice licence. (its only $30 for a year)
If you have a friend or family member you want to put out on the track, Stop! Before you do that, get them to fill in a ‘Have A Go Form’ and make sure you have a committee member present.
Its not too hard to follow these rules, so please help us and lets get it right.